Three books a day.
13 hours ago
|This photo has me so confused. Those hearts are actually pressed into the snow by our shoes.|
I have stared at it in every possible way and I can only see them
I'm not going crazy...am I?
Please tell me you see it that way.
|1. Erika, Hazel, and me|
2. Melissa and Eloise
3. Pretty little Hazel
4. Melissa and Hazel
5. Me with every wrinkle I've earned over the past 50 years.
|Here are just three of the Instagrams added:|
1. My Colorado cutie, Isabel
2. Her adorable twin brother, Milo
3. A sneeze from my newest granddaughter, Ivy!
|1. Shopping at LUSH to buy some bath bombs. Notice Erika in the background. According to her fingers, I'm only 5 years old! Thanks, E.|
2. Melissa giving me a high five as I left a kids store. Why? Well, as I was leaving, the worker looked at Eloise in the stroller and said TO ME: "Your daughter is so cute!" YES! I've still got it!
3. Melissa paying for two orange cups I fell in love with at Anthropologie.
4. Eloise polishing off my Diet Coke.
5. Eloise and me trying on the Tangled wigs in the Disney store.
We ate lunch at The Blue Lemon. I had a delicious Dirty Diet Coke. Perfection. Eloise even mocked a little kid who was screaming and not using very good manners. Picture her screaming right back and then laughing hysterically. Yup, that's what it was like.
|1. Melissa and Hazel cooling off in Pottery Barn.|
2. Erika looking cool in Pottery Barn.
3. E and H in Whole Foods
5. She hasn't stopped wearing her shades since she got them at the Disney store.
|1. Sleepy Hazel and me waiting for TRAX.|
2. She's done.
3. My view whilst getting my toes done.
4. The little Vietnamese lady handing Hazel off to her mom. By the way she was holding Hazel, we didn't know if she thought Haz had cooties or what. We were terrified that she' drop that little girl. She didn't...hallelujah!
5. Our finished toes.
After pedicures it was close to 6:00 and Tyler ended up having to "work extra hours and wouldn't be able to meet us for dinner." That was just fine. We went to a favorite spot, Mountain West Burrito! Yum! Veggie and Vegan options there. Luckily, Danny was able to come with us. We had a fun, leisurely, and delicious meal. I was ready to head home. But the girls suggested we go to "The Chocolate" for their famous Kazookie. My plan was to switch to a Vegan diet the next day so I thought a last bite of ice cream would be just the thing to end the day. Luckily, Tyler was able to meet us there.
WEeeelllllll...I was carrying Eloise up the stairs chatting with Tyler as I went. When to my SURPRISE I looked up and there was a room full of friends and family. At first I thought "What the heck are Rachel and Janelle doing here?" Then many people in my life came into view. Then it hit me: I was at my very first surprise party and it was for ME! Those girls! I had no idea. I usually pick up on those kinds of things. Not this time. Maybe turning 50 had dulled my senses.
|(This time I'll label top to bottom, left to right)|
1. My delicious Mountain West Burrito
2. Brant (my nephew), Janelle and Rachel (my fellow first grade teachers), Me w/Hazel, Angela and her daughter Lecshia (next door neighbors from Lehi), Adrianne (my niece), and Erika.
3. Kathy (her husband was there as well but not pictured) and Melissa my friends from work. Melissa moved to Blanding last year and drove five hours just to come to my party. Ahhhhh!
4. Me with Eloise and the green wall.
5. Me with Hazel, Sarah (one of my fake daughters), Erika, and Melissa. See that space? That was a special place for another pretend daughter, Mallory, who couldn't come because she lives in Belgium! I'll forgive her. Her mother, Sue, came in her place (no picture, unfortunately).
5. No comment.
6. Those two amazing daughters of mine!
7. Melissa and me, again, with Rachel (another friend I used to teach with).
8. Again: I just realized that this is the same picture as number one but with Brant cropped out! Sorry Brant.
I can't believe I didn't have photos of: Sue, Ariel (Brant's wife), Lynn (Kathy's husband), Danny!, Tyler!, Danny's mother, Linda, his sister Mia, and Mia's boyfriend, Kiegan. Plus, I missed: Jordan (Sarah's husband) and, of course, I missed my boyfriend.
I went to bed a very happy woman that night. I was reminded what a great family I have. Also, what amazing friends I have (both old and new). I'm a lucky person. I know it. Another thing I know...my first 50 years were awesomely unique and never boring. I really am looking forward to the next 50. I have the bucket list to prove it. (Another post for another day).
PS: Those girls had one more surprise for me...Erika had secretly sneaked back to Brighton and bought me my insanely expensive readers. I think of this lovely birthday every time I put them on.